Monday 4 February 2013

feb four.

Today I found this sneaky bugger had reached way above my head - we have four terrific sunflowers & I am so happy they bloomed before we have to leave them. 

They have survived many gentle attacks from the pup, who loved to grab the leaves, pull the stalk down & watch it fling up again. Often we caught her slowly & slyly chewing upon this gorgeous green giant. What a naughty girl.




We also have a tiny pumpkin growing up upon the fence railing - hiding behind the incinerator, trying to reach the sun. Or perhaps just the height of the sunflowers. Another bounty we will be leaving behind but I hope the new tenants enjoy the veggies as much as we do & have.
Also I am wondering what will happening when the pumpkin gets too big. I think it will fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment