Monday 22 April 2013

april, oh my.

Another week has flown by, as weeks tend to.
The year will be over before we know it, which is happy - which is sad.

So, in no particular order, the past 7 days have held for me -
- A dear, old friend's birthday, I borrowed a bottle of wine from work & let myself relax on the balcony with people I hadn't seen for so long, people who are my adopted family.
- I listened to one of my favourite people cry her heart out over the phone.
-I drank too much bourbon in the middle of the bush, I felt ill & forgot to make the mulled wine I had planned.
- I sent my sister a PXT of the chocolate I was eating. I miss her. She lives across the country now.
- I fell off the healthy eating horse. Still searching for the elusive stallion.
- The poms left us.
- I cuddled a big baby while I walked around his mama's house, he is finally getting to know me & yet his family is moving on soon from this small town, too.

I am making plans.
I feel like the world is too big, too small, not enough time to do all I want to do,
all I want to see, all I want to be.

But if this time next year, I am under the stars with my puppy girl & my lover boy, living out of the back of his old Landcruiser, red sand between my toes & a smile on my face, then everything will have gone exactly to plan. Follow that up with a trip to the mountains, to see them covered with snow & see old friends. Happy.

Here is my life in some small, grainy images:


my breakfast today - it was supposed to be ricotta pancakes, but it turned into a strange scramble. I ate it with bananas & berries, & local vanilla bean creamy yoghurt.


I made this cake to take to my old friend's birthday roast, some people liked it & some people didn't.I clearly didn't plan the flavours too well, there is a peanut butter & cacao layer, an avocado & mint layer, a banana coconut layer & a berry layer. It was a mixture of strange & delicious. & mostly raw mostly vegan.


first fire of the cold season. Puppy curled up in front & wouldn't move.

x

1 comment:

  1. Actually I think the cake looks pretty good! I was vegetarian for about 14 years and dabbled a bit in raw and vegan (my family did vegan for 3 months but it was too hard and expensive 14 years ago!). Anyway, I still have an affinity for this style of cooking!

    www.redcatinn.com

    ReplyDelete